Subject: Save-the-Date: Inauguration of newly renovated high-containment laboratories at Public Health Agency of Sweden
From: "Katarina Parneby" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Åsa Björndal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2025 16:35:54 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Save-the-Date: Inauguration of newly renovated high-containment laboratories 
at Public Health Agency of Sweden

Public Health Agency of Sweden is pleased to announce the reopening of our 
newly renovated Biosafety Level 3 and 4 laboratories in Solna this autumn. 
In connection with this milestone, we cordially invite you to an 
inauguration ceremony to mark the occasion.

Since their inauguration over 20 years ago, these high-containment 
laboratories have operated around the clock as a national preparedness 
resource for serious microbiological events. The October inauguration offers 
a unique insight into the highly specialised work conducted within these 
facilities.

We hope you will be able to attend and kindly ask you to save the date.

📅

Date:

24 October 2025

🕒

Time:

09.00 – 12.30: Lectures and networking lunch, and between
12.30 – 14.00: Inauguration ceremony and facility tour

📍

Venue:

Swedish Public Health Agency, Nobels väg 18, Solna

The programme, in addition to the inauguration and tour, includes the 
following presentations on the Agency’s activities:

•      High-containment laboratories – A national preparedness resource for 
high-consequence pathogen diagnostics

•      Mpox – The role of diagnostics in national and global health work

•      The journey of a sample – From patient to test result

•      Research and diagnostics in overpressure suit – Working at the 
highest containment level

Detailed programme and registration information will be sent out in 
mid-September.

Warmly welcome to the inauguration of the high-containment laboratories at 
Public Health Agency of Sweden in October!

Best regards,

Olivia Wigzell

Director-General, Public Health Agency of Sweden

__________________________________

Katarina Parneby
Gd-sekreterare / Executive assistant
+4610-205 2345

Folkhälsomyndigheten/Public Health Agency of Sweden

GD-kansliet/Director-General's Office

 <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked]

 <http://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se/> www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se  - 
<https://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se/gdpr#epost> Läs om hur vi behandlar 
personuppgifter i e-post - 
<https://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se/the-public-health-agency-of-sweden/about-us/processing-of-personal-data/> 
Processing of personal data